Friday, April 4, 2008

Art, Life?

I was late for Drama practice, again.
It always happens.
But this time, I was late because I didn't want to break my promise. :)
I must not be late for the next session!
Must do it.

Before I came, Mr Beng talked about the trip he went, i guessed.
Told us about 'Unlearn, Relearn'.
Isn't it viewing matters from different points of view?
Next, was a simple exercise. ( That's what he said )
1st, he instructed us to take out a piece of paper, we were given 30 seconds.
Many took a pen along with it but that wasn't the instruction he gave.
Why did they take out a pen, too?
Some gave answers such as it's a habit, pen goes with paper, etc.
haha
Pen doesn't go with paper.
It neither walk nor move.
He observed that some of the people were still chatting at some corners even though we were given 30 seconds to be back, sitting down.
Not listening to instructions again.
Theatre requires discipline, why can't people can't even follow simple instructions?
We were told to leave our piece of paper on the ground, treating it as a stage, quietly and gathered around it in a circle.
And took back our paper, went back to the circle quietly.
We didn't realised that we were creating sounds using that object we were holding.
( Imaging when we were at the backstage. )
We went to try it again.
Placed our paper on any part of the 'stage', returned back to the circle.
But this time, we take any piece of paper quietly.
Later on, we formed 2 lines of papers and line up in 3s, 1 roll beside each line of papers.
We turn one direction to face someone and just go to the extreme edge then returned to the center.
One was supposed to collect all the papers.
Divya volunteered.
While collecting, there were people who helped.
Those were to be pulled out and Diyva had to use the papers to 'execute' them.
This shows that there are people who would be punished even if they did the right thing.
Doing the right thing doesn't mean they would never be given punishment.
Life?
She threw the paper towards our direction and we were told to try to take as many as possible.
Those without any papers have to walk up.
Emily the had most number of papers.
So, those without any, had to act like why Emily shouldn't take so many.
After that, we gathered in a circle again.
Diyva gave out papers without manners ( It's not on purpose. )
I took the 1st piece even though I find that I shouldn't take it because it weren't given to me, sincerely.
I hesitated taking the 2nd piece, just something stopped me a while to think before taking it.
However, I took it in the end because... I just take it.
haha
So, I was pulled to the center of the circle.
The others were allowed to use the paper in any way or whatever on me.
Most of them crushed it & threw it at me.
Pei Ling tore into smaller pieces of paper & threw harshly to me.
1 piece even entered my blouse, haha.
And of course, I felt kinda humiliated ( Not to the extend that I felt very angry, because this was just an exercise, I'm glad to experience it ).
Only 2 were being good towards me.
Daniel gave small pieces of paper to me, neatly, being polite and gentle. ( I sorta pushed it away. Maybe what Mr Beng said is right. I doubt their kindness after what I have experienced ).
Dawn folded a piece of heart shaped one to me, I didn't take it immediately because I was kinda touched.

I think I didn't take it politely too.
Yeah, the others formed into groups of 5.
I was still standing.
There was a girl who was left out.
She was told to try entering one of the group.
But no groups were willing to accept her.
They mocked ( instructed ) at her, keep on laughing and all.
It got nosier and she shouted 'Shut Up!'.
Then they quarrelled with her because, who was she to have the rights to keep their mouth shut.
Both of the parties had fault because the groups didn't want to accept her & she didn't manage to enter any of the group.
This whole exercise didn't show any hero who tried to 'save' people.
Members from every group didn't really bother about people 'outside' of the group who was in need.
Isn't this the art of life?
Some people entered a group silently, waiting for acceptance?
Doing the right thing yet sometimes, punishment was given?
People doubting kindness after some experiences?
And MANY MANY MORE.
Through this, I've learnt a lot.
Wanna head towards it.
My father said it's useless for me to study one Psychology and told me to manage mine... first.
I feel kinda upset about it.
Before that, he said, depends on my interest!
I can chose whatever jobs I want.
I can't believe that he actually told me to manage my Psycho whatever first.




No comments: